Monday, February 8, 2010

And We Are Off!

So... after a great weekend I was ready and willing to attempt to play around with my Etsy site again... I think I was just too fried last Friday because it was a lot easier than I thought! One thing is for sure - I am learning a lot about computers... maybe even more than I wanted to. I had to figure out how to scale a jpeg down to a specific size, create my own personal header for my shop and much more! I consider myself pretty savy with Microsoft Office programs but when it comes to any type of creative programs I am lost... so I guess this is good practice for me :-)

Anyways... back to the exciting news! My Etsy site is up and running! I only have three items posted; however, I will post more throughout the week. I had to give each design a name which was semi difficult - until I realized I should name them after important people in my life... so for the first two collections that were posted I named them after Dylan's two nieces (Peyton and Zoe)... who I absolutely adore as if they were my own. They are two of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen and thought their names would be perfect for my first two collections.

For those of you that are not familiar with Etsy you are in for a treat! I am obsessed with this site! Everything sold on the site is either handmade or a vintage find. The site has been around since 2005 but I feel that it has become more and more popular in the last couple of years... or maybe I have heard more about it since friends around me have been getting married... which many brides find unique items for their big day on the site. In my mind Etsy can be compared to a craft fair online - it is fabulous!

If you get the time - check out my site!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/moosetteoriginals



No comments:

Post a Comment