Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Over-Priced Hefty Bag??

One of these can be yours at the price of $1960... well that and maybe your reputation!

I first came across one of the newest bags to join Louis Vuitton's family last week via The Purse Blog and to tell you the truth I have not been able to shake the image from my mind! From the first moment I saw the LV Raindrop Besace all I could think of was an over-priced hefty bag... I have allowed the image to sit in my mind for about a week now - thinking maybe I just couldn't appreciate the 'art' or 'couture' value in this new bag but after allowing time to pass I still just see a trash bag with a vintage Louis Vuitton label smacked on the front. My question is who in their right mind would pay close to $2000 for a bag that resembles something that the trash man picks up from your curb?? Louis Vuitton is typically known for their very much classic and refined style and has traded that all in on this collection for a stab at an ultra edgy and controversial design...

Overall... not a fan! This is one trend you can count me out of!

pic: The Purse Blog

5 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this one! It's an unattractive bag with an atrocious price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :)

    ...and I agree; this is garbage, pun intended. Have a fab day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. EW. I hate these bags. They remind me of the movie Zoolander where Mugatu (?) convinces Derek the new look is to dress like a homeless person and wear trash...I would love to see who actually buys one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on this one. And thank you for visiting my blog. I'm having a gold mirror giveaway so stop by if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and my best friend used to live in Encinitas. I loved visiting her there! :)

    ReplyDelete