Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Meals on Wheels...




So I came across this organization today on Rachael Ray and just had to share it! Seriously so inspiring that one individual can have such an impact on a community...

In Southern California we are spoiled rotten when it comes to Farmer's Markets or markets like Henry's where we can purchase delicious, affordable produce from our local farms... I almost forget that this is a luxury and it isn't reality everywhere. Farm to Family was started by a man, Mark Lillly, in Richmond, Virginia. His mission is to bring locally grown produce to rural areas that do not have access to fruits and veggies unless they are from a can. He drives his restored school bus around to different locations and sets up shop. The locals are able to jump on board and browse the bundles of fresh, locally grown and most importantly affordable produce.

Seriously... I love this! I would not be able to live without my fresh produce... I live on fresh veggies! Read more about one man's mission to bring his community together here!

No comments:

Post a Comment